Monday, August 24, 2009

In honor of the beginning of my list

I have been tres overwhelmed lately. I joined the blogging community in the link of my post below. It is all about journaling the blessings and gifts of God. As the founder of the 'Gratitude Community' puts it "finding the sacred in the chaos". I pray that as this list of gratitude goes on that my spirit will be uplifted and I will be able to focus on the miracles in my life rather then the daily annoyances. I have always wondered why  people who carried petty grudges on their hearts wasted the time and energy. I was amazed to discover a few days ago that I have accumulated quite a few of these myself. I know the reason for these increased negative emotions is that I am drawing myself closer to the Lord and so am under greater attack from Satan.
SO! In honor of a NEW way of thinking here are the first things on my One Thousand Gifts list -

2. My beautiful, insane, little monsters. Thank God for toddlers, their exuberance for life and joy for the tiny things in life, that we important adults no longer see.

1. My husband. God knows its not always easy but I know he is the instrument of the constant refining and development of my character and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment